Kara Bietz grew up in New England but now resides near Houston, Texas with her husband, two kiddos and three dogs. She’s been dreaming up stories as long as she can remember; sometimes she puts them on paper and sometimes they just live in her head. Her first literary credit was a poem about her Dad, published on Father’s Day in her hometown newspaper when she was 8. Kara is represented by Courtney Miller-Callihan at Handspun Literary. Her debut novel, Until I Break, was released in November, 2016 and is a Spirit of Texas Reading List selection for 2018.
Five Fun Facts
1. I lived in the same town for the first 18 years of my life. Since then, I have lived in six different states!
2. I work in a high school library.
3. I like to cook, but I'm not very good at it. I set the fire alarm off in my house almost every night.
4. My husband and I went to Disney World on our honeymoon.
5. I knew I wanted to be a writer way back in third grade but I abandoned my dream around the time I started college. When I was pregnant with my second child, my husband found some of my old notebooks in the attic and convinced me to start writing again. Until then, he didn't know I had ever wanted to be a writer.